If I need a quick lunch or dinner, I make frittata. If I have to empty out the fridge, I make frittata. If I don’t know what to cook, I make frittata. As you can notice, there is a pattern here. I make frittatas a lot. Not only is it a very easy and quick dish to make, but you can use whatever veggies you have on hand.
Since I usually make frittata for one or two persons, I do not bother to cook it on the stovetop first and later bake it in the oven to finish. I simply make it on the stovetop – all the way. If you want to do so as well, please keep two things in mind:
- For a stovetop only frittata (no oven needed), the frittata must not be too thick.
- Choose a frying pan with an appropriate size. For this 2 persons-4 eggs-frittata I used a pan with an 8-inch diameter. You will also need a lid.
Nothing left to say except: Enjoy!
- 10 green beans
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 4 crimini mushrooms
- 2 green onions (including 2 inch of their green parts)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- Oil for frying
In addition: 8-inch pan with lid
- Rinse the veggies. Cut green beans into 1 to 2-inch long pieces. Slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the white part of the green onions. Slice 2 inch (or more if you like) of the green onion part into rings. You can either whisk the white and green part directly into the eggs or save some of the green rings for the topping later.
- Mix eggs, parmesan, water, salt, and pepper using a hand whisk.
- Add a little oil to the pan and heat green beans for 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the rest of the veggies and fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and pour the veggies in the bowl with the eggs. Distribute the veggies with in the pan a spatula.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the frittata cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the bottom side is golden brown and the top isn’t runny any more. If you are using a pretty small pan, it’s possible that the bottom is golden already but the top is still a little runny. If that happens, you can put the pan under the broiler for a couple of minutes – only if you are using a heatproof pan.
- Top with green onion rings and serve with bread and/or a salad.
Did you follow this recipe? You could share your result here. All you need to do is take a picture with your smartphone and send it to [email protected]